The CiMSO Hospitality and Business Management School
Grooming effective managers to focus on sound business management principles, effective financial controls and customer centric service delivery to international standards
The rapid globalization of our planet, affordable international travel and information literally at our fingertips has stimulated hitherto unprecedented global travel with a commensurate increase in the demand for lodging and hospitality services.
With an ever increasing number of property developers entering the lodging and hospitality market in search of better returns, hotel management companies proliferate. Today, more than ever, there is an insatiable demand for trained and effective hospitality and lodging management staff.
The lodging and hospitality industry is arguably one of the most complex of industries to manage. It demands “knowledge workers” with multi-faceted skills, dedicated to the delivery of excellent customer service in a fast business environment that never sleeps.
Today's lodging and hospitality industry demands delivery of skilled staff from the business education environment.
The CiMSO Hospitality and Business Management School was established specifically to meet this challenge by delivering students with a holistic view of lodging and hospitality management, equipped with the practical skills necessary to make them immediate contributors to the industry.
The CiMSO Hospitality and Business Management School provides students with:
- a holistic view and a 360º perspective of hospitality service delivery.
- a comprehensive understanding of the business processes and best practises within the hospitality industry.
- exposure to next generation, customer centric software management tools which facilitate first world service delivery.
- an opportunity to participate in an Internship Program which will give them competency in their roles.
CiMSO Training Syllabus Overview
CiMSO provides syllabus based courses of study in respect of the primary business management areas in the hospitality and service delivery industry:
- Customer Management
- Lodging Management
- Financial Management
- Stock (Inventory) Management
- Procurement Management
- Trading Points of Sale Management
- Activities & Services Scheduling & Management
- Real Estate Management
- Fixed Asset Management
- Human Resource Management
Each of the courses of study comprises fine grained training modules with clearly defined training objectives, course content and test resources. Mission critical and best practice processes are incorporated in the CiMSO ERP suite and are clearly documented as standard operating procedures (SOP's).
The INNkeeper Internship Program is specifically designed to provide students with an overall view of lodging and hospitality management, equipped with the practical skills necessary to make them immediate contributors to the industry. The INNkeeper Internship Program is designed to provide students with:
- Exposure to the actual workplace environment, giving them a realistic perspective of hospitality service delivery.
- Practical day to day experience in executing hospitality business processes, giving them competency in their roles.
- Opportunity to use their initiative and resourcefulness in solving the problems that accompany daily hospitality service delivery.
- INNkeeper Internship Program graduates are top academic performers, experienced in hospitality service delivery skills – they come highly recommended by their internship organizations.